Embroidery is a technique that is used for decorating fabrics with help of a needle and thread. In simple words, it is an art that includes stitching pictures, decorative designs on any material. It can be done with hand or by a machine. For producing order in large quantities, industrial machine embroidery is used. These machines have industrialized the process and turned it into a good promotional tool for businesses. This allow the machines to produce embroidered images on larger scale.
Process of Embroidery
Following is the process of embroidery using industrial machine:
The process starts with an image or artwork. The artwork must be digitized, it is a procedure of converting 2-D artwork into stiches. There are many computer software that allows machines to embroider. This lets the design to be stitched on the cloth repetitively.
During the digitizing process, the computer software converts the logo into the system of stitches that the embroidery machine can read. The digitizing of the embroidery is a one-time process, it needs clean artwork as a starting point.
Editing the Image
You can make any adjustments that you like according to your preference or requirement.
Load the Design
After the artwork has been edited you can load the design into the machine. Most of the machines features a cable that an easily be connected to the computer. Through this, you can load the design. Another way is by storing the design into the memory card and from there it can be transferred to the embroidery machine.
Going for Production
Before the production starts, color thread must be loaded into the machine by hand. The machine is programmed by the operator to sew the design in certain color sequence and at a specific speed. After this, the product must be hooped by hand and loaded into the machine. After the completion of the stitching process, the product can be taken off the machine.
The process includes:
- Placing the cloth that is be embroidered in the device hoop.
- Then attach the hooped cloth to the machine in order to start the embroidery process.
- Eradicating unnecessary stitches gathered during the embroidery process. Eliminating the support material used to stabilize the fabric during embroidery.
Materials on which embroidery can be done are:
Advantages of Embroidery
There are many benefits of embroidery, some of them are:
- It gives a sophisticated and stylish appearance.
- Embroidery provides a high-quality finished product on larger scale.
- Through embroidery, you can provide a professional and luxurious look.
- Embroidery is the best way to customize your clothing to make sure your logo is represented perfectly.
Products Suitable for Embroidery
See examples below...